Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Yeah, I should be in bed...

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

It's 11:36 on Wednesday night and I have to get up at 4 a.m. to leave at 5:00 a.m. to catch a flight that leaves at 7:30 a.m. I should be in bed. But, I had to finish up a few things that turned into a bunch of things like putting a car seat in my car and vacuuming upstairs and downstairs. I just wanted my house to be in shape when I get home in two weeks! I took Hope to the Pawderosa (sleep away camp/doggie daycare) and she looked at me like I was Judas when they were taking her to the back. Even before I took her in, she jumped back into the car, which isn't like her. I felt so bad but I know she enjoys being with the other dogs. I think she sometimes forgets she's a dog and this is a good reminder.

I also found out today that I will be getting Grace on Sunday at 3:30 p.m...the same day we get into Nanchang. Wow! I've decided I'm done with my sleeping because we leave early in the morning (and here I am blogging), we get in super late into Beijing on Friday (10:40ish). We get up early to do the Beijing tour on Saturday. We leave early Sunday morning at 7:55ish and get in 10ish. Almost 5 hours later, I officially hold my daughter and become a mom. Wow! This is probably why I'm in bed yet. I have double checked everything and I think I am now ready to go. My suitcases and backback are downstairs waiting. I've picked out my travel clothes. All that is left is to crawl into bed which I think I am now ready to do. Goodnight and the next time you'll hear from me, I'll be in China baby!

BTW Sandra, I found my passport and driver's license travel wallet in my big bag of stuff. I guess I accidentally packed it! I'm such a dork!

1 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Hope your flights were smooth.
We are home one month now, and my best advice is to simply soak it all in.
Hold her tightly and don't let go.
Ask you guide for everything that crosses your mind.
And hold your daughter and keep holding her.
I'm a RQ mate and will be following along.
CHEERS to the joy you will very soon know!!!