Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sleeping in the crib (cross fingers it'll be all night)

Grace and I were solo for most of the day until my car died at Doggy Daycare (we went to drop off her blankie so Hope could get used to her smell). It turns out my alternator is dead! Lovely huh? My parents picked us up and we dropped my car off at the mechanics. We went to Mass and she did great. She also sat in a high chair at dinner for most of the dinner. She loves sitting next to her Pa.

We had our first real bath today...not a whole lot of shrieking. I got to put her down around 10:40ish. She was tired and screaming (yes and turning blue) and somehow, I think it's my guardian angel or some heavenly body who put it in my mind that the Soothing Ocean sounds (it plays a lullaby and it bubbles and has a light show) machine might work. I put her and strapped it in the crib and it worked like a charm. I'm so thankful that I got it because it put my tired screaming, shrieking girl asleep. If she wakes up I plan on turning it on again. Pray that it works. I know I should be sleeping but I wanted to try to play a little more catch up.

I'm so glad to be home. I can't say it enough. I'm so thankful to all of my friends and family for all of their support and prayers. I hope that you will all be able to meet my little hammy girl soon.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Jamie...If Grace did well at Mass, you are so ahead of the game! Nick didn't sit still and be quiet until he was...well he still doesn't stay quiet. She must have more angel in her!

kwilli said...

Welcome home! I've been reading the blogs but lacked the skills to leave a comment - until now. I am so happy ya'll are home and safe. I'll keep praying! She sounds wonderful - poop and all! :) k.

Pam Millard said...

Jamie and Grace - We're so happy you are both home safe and sound. Hope all goes well at the doctor, and we are all looking forward to meeting Grace! Love to you both!