Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sickness & Single Parenting

Okay...one of the downs of single parenthood is sickness...either your child, you or both. Grace has been sick on and off since Thanksgiving. Turns out when I took her in yesterday, she had strep. Guess who had a stomach bug yesterday? You guessed it? That would be me. Guess who was sick? My support system. And besides that, even if you have a great support system, your sick kiddo doesn't want them, she wants you. So what do you do? Well, what I did was put Grace in her PJs early and then both of us went to bed early. I think I fell asleep before she did (we were in bed at 7p.m.) I woke up at 8:30 p.m. or 9:00 and she was totally crashed. I felt bad because I remember her rolling around in bed but that's all I remember. She had a coughing fit around 2 a.m. so then I did a breathing treatment on her in my bed and she stayed there until she woke me up at 7 a.m. by poking me in the face. I guess it was her way of saying get up mama, we have things to do, which we did. Thank God I felt so much better in the morning because we had to get her 2nd round of shots that we had postponed because she kept getting sick. She did well but the antibiotics have given her the runs which isn't fun. I have to call the doctor and let her know. She said it could happen but 5 times in a 3 hour period isn't a good thing. My poor baby. I hope everything is good tomorrow because I want to take her to school. She misses her friends and her teachers, and frankly, I need a small break. She's only been to school once in the past two weeks because of sickness and holidays. I think she needs a break from me too. She starts school full-time next week. Sheloves it and it has been good for her. She is really starting to bloom even more.

1 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I don't look forward to these days! Mila started daycare today and I am getting ready. She got sick just visiting and has had that cold for 2+ weeks. Sounds like your plan was a good one....sometimes you're on survival mode:)