Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 25, 2009

Our First Christmas Together











It went well despite the fact that Gracie still isn't feeling great. This mountain cedar (at least I think that's what it is) has given her this horrible cough and runny/stuffy nose (with her nose swollen on the inside). I feel like we've been fighting this battle for a month now and we only had a brief reprieve when she was on antibiotics (and I accidentally gave her a little too much a couple of times). You know what the hardest part was? Being Santa's elf putting together her slide. Holy cow! It was a 2 person job to manuever that plastic into tabs. Being a single mom, I had to get creative. I was surprised how I got it done. Grace LOVED it so it was totally worth it. She also got a rocking/bouncy horse at Grammy & Pa's (another thing that I, as Santa's elf had to put together and it too was a little physically demanding...there were people there but they watched me do it). She got some great gifts from our family. I loved the aquadoodle my sister's family gave her. It was super cool. But you know what the best part of Christmas was for me (besides the rocking turkey I made...it was so juicy and had yummy flavor)? Having my own family. Grace was the best present ever. It is like my life was in black in white before her and now it's in like HD! Even when she's being Empress Grace, I can't imagine my life without her.

I am so sad for those families waiting in line for their children from China. I know how hard the holidays are. I think if I hadn't gotten Grace, I would have been incredibly depressed. I say a prayer for ya'll every night for peace and strength to make it through the wait and a speed up. It is Christmas time and it's a time for miracles. I truly believe in them. Grace was a Christmas miracle. I think it's very telling that her birthdate is Christmas Eve. It's a sign that she, like Jesus will bring good things to the world. Merry Christmas and peace and blessings to you all.

0 comments: