Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ladybug landing and trial run of a sick "child"

Early this morning, around 2 a.m. I was awakened to the sound of a serious sneezing fit by my dog Hope. I have never heard her sneeze that much or that deeply. I got up, checked on her, invited her to sleep with me but she refused. She plopped herself down on the floor with a little sigh and ignored me. Fast forward to 7:30 a.m. Hope has had several more sneezing attacks followed by drinking a whole bowlful of water. She looked at me pitifully so I decided I would call the vet at 8 and make an appointment for her. Dr. Lord (who is the BEST vet ever) diagnosed my furry child with a sinus infection (how appropriate since my whole family constantly suffers from them). She had a slight fever and a red throat. She is now on antibiotics and bendadryl. She also got a steroid shot. She seems to be feeling a little better and is sprawled out crashed by my feet as I write this entry. Now I have had a little preview of having to get up with a sick child. I was pretty tired early this afternoon but like a little train, I gathered some steam.

I also had a little visitor while I was outside watering my trees (we're in a rain drought right now) that I planted in the spring. It came out me quickly and landed on my arm and yep, you guessed it...it was a ladybug. I let it crawl on me for a little bit before it flew away. It was a nice little reminder and sign that this is going to be the year I get my daughter.

0 comments: