Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Big Day for Shannon tomorrow

Tomorrow is Shannon's first day of chemo. She will have to have it every 21 days for 12 weeks. I'm really nervous for her. I don't think I would be able to sleep. I know lots of people have had to have this treatment but this is the first time someone very close to me is facing chemo. She's taken it like a trooper and has the best attitude about it. We went looking for wigs yesterday and she found one that looked very natural on her. We started laughing because one of them made her look like that guy from the old imperial margarine commercials that blew that trumpet thing (you know the floppy pageboy cut!). I wish I had my camera because it would have kept us laughing to look at the picture. I think that's what helps the both of us is because we are always silly and always laughing. She found this shirt on Cafe Press that said "Save Second Base" and it had a base with the pink ribbon (for those of you who don't know what second base means it's a term that means feeling a person up when making out). I think I may get it for her. So, I'm saying my prayers for her that it won't be horrible and that she won't feel like she has been run over by an 18 wheeler.

On a brighter note, I was checking the RQ site and the rumor is that they will be getting to Dec 27th. That would be awesome and give us all a little something to hold onto. Hope does spring eternal.

0 comments: