Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cleopatra...Queen of DeNile!

Yeah, that's me...call me Cleopatra. I just got my hair done and well, I have a Cleopatra hairdo. So, now, I can live in Denial and be happy. I actually like it...the color is great but I haven't had bangs in a long time. I was going for Catherine Bell's hair in that Hallmark movie, "The Good Witch" but I got the Egyptian Queen.

Today we found out that Shannon will indeed be having chemotherapy. It was higher on the test than her oncologist expected. She has a 20% chance of recurrance right now but it will be reduced to 10% after chemo. She will have to go 4 times (every 3 weeks for 12 weeks), followed by radiation and hormone therapy. Once she starts chemo, we're both going to start eating healthy. She already cut her hair last week (and it looks super cute) in preparation for chemo.

Only 3 more days to go this week. The weather here is getting yucky. The good thing is that I am meeting with my 6th/7th grade book club and we're drinking hot cocoa while we discuss Everlost by Neal Shusterman.

0 comments: