Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Gonna Breeze Into the Windy City for Spring Break

My friend, D. and I are going to go to Chicago for a few days during Spring Break. I'm so excited because neither of us have been. It'll be an adventure. It'll be good to get out of town and have something to look forward to. I'm looking forward to the great museums (I'm a librarian...go figure!) and the shopping...oh and the food! Mike and Ed, two of our guy friends were making fun of us for being spring break nerds! They said we should go to Cancun or Vegas...yeah, don't think so. Actually we went to Vegas last Spring Break but wanted to do something different this year. So, Chicago, here we come.

On a a not so bright note, I was reading on RQ about the letter the Joint Council wants to send and yadda, yadda, yadda. The information really didn't bother me. What alarms me is the panic I read in people's responses. People are upset and stressed and rightly so. Ususally when I read the responses, I start a mini freak out myself, but this time, I'm okay. The wait sucks...I think we can all agree with this. What sucks even worse is that the word out on the street isn't consistent across the board (people are being told different things by their agencies) and even worse than that, the information is scarce and vague. I really don't know the solution to this problem. Panic is not a sane solution. It only depresses me. So, I can only take a deep breath, take it a day at a time, and have great faith that I will be getting my daughter from China. That's all I can do.

1 comments:

Donna said...

You need to go the the Museum of Science and Industry and the Art Institute. I love Chicago.