Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

We Survived Our First Day

Gracie and I did good today! We made it through our first day back in the real world of mama working. My day was super long...I dropped her off at 7 a.m. for my 7:30 a.m. meeting and we had Greenback Night and I didn't get home until after 8 p.m. Can you say YUCKY! The best thing about my job are the people that I work with. Wood truly has a phenomenal staff. They never cease to amaze me with the way they open their arms and hearts to you and they are so supportive! It made my day back great.

The hardest part was leaving. When I was pulling out of my parents' driveway, Grace waved at me and blew me kisses. I wanted to cry but I of course, didn't let myself cry because I didn't have waterproof mascara and I didn't want to look like a blubbering dork in my Team Leader's Meeting. Eventually I will let it out...I'm just glad she's upstairs sleeping and I can hear her sucking sounds on the monitor and the clanking of her bracelets on the crib slats when she rolls over. She's the best and I'm so lucky!

1 comments:

Aggies said...

Isn't it great to have wonderful co workers.. I absolutely adore minwe and I am very attached to them..

Traci
Hoping for an April 2010 referral
LID 5/18/06