Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Tree Ceremony

I had such a great time this evening at the lighting of the tree in Alamo Plaza.  What an amazing opportunity we had to be part of it.  Thank you so much to Make A Wish and HEB.  They are the best.  The other young lady who also helped light the tree was such a sweet girl and an inspiration.  She took my breath away with her zest for life.  She just had some major surgery and she was smiling and having a blast.  It's small things such as this that make me realize how truly precious life is and how blessed I am.  I have pictures of the event and I will be getting more from Make a Wish so I'll post them.  Grace did cry when she saw Santa but calmed down when he sang Jingle Bells with her (I told her that she said she wasn't going to cry but she still kept on crying).  We also found out that HEB has indeed adopted Gracie's wish.  We are so thankful to them.  I was so overwhelmed by their generosity that I really felt like crying.  Gracie not only got to ride in the carriage with Santa, she got a cool ornament that is hanging from the tree in Alamo Plaza that has her name on it, a gift bag from Radio Disney that was Tangled themed (she LOVES the doll with the super long hair), a $50 gift certificate to HEB and just the coolness of being part of that ceremony and the afterparty.  It was an experience I will NEVER forget.  On this post Thanksgiving Day, I have even more things to be thankful for. 

0 comments: