Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

I CALM NOW MAMA

We had a rough start this morning after almost two weeks of bliss...my girl has been healthy and happy...healthy is the best part.  Anyways, I was rushing her to get ready.  She was watching Max and Ruby while I was getting ready for work.  She decided she didn't want to put on any clothes so I had to manuever her to get her clothes on.  It was like putting clothes on a fish flopping on a dock.  She was screaming the whole time so I turned off Max and Ruby.  She calmed down enough to get her hair brushed and fixed and downstairs.  She sees the leftover cheese on the table that I was too tired to clean up and she decides she wants shredded cheese to eat.  I offer a cheese stick.  NOPE, that won't do.  Tears start flowing and then the mouth opens with the "WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"  I close the fridge and tell her it's either the cheesestick or nothing, then she throws up the "I WANT HOT DOG!" in the crying wail.  We are running late, I have a 7:30 meeting and it's 7 and I still have to drop her off at school.  I get her the hot dog.  Because she has been a bratasaurus, no Max and Ruby in the car.  That starts off another meltdown.  I have told her in the past that when she stops crying and calms down I will listen.  She's screaming at the top of her lungs she wants Max and Ruby and I'm telling her she needs to calm down then I can listen to her.  I'm saying it at a low, calm tone.  She stops crying but screams at me, "MAMA I CALM NOW!" Yeah, not so much.  I can laugh at it now and at the time, I didn't think it was so funny.  It wasn't until I was retelling the story to a teacher at my meeting when I heard how funny it was.  I can only imagine what our arguments are going to be like when she becomes a tween or teen.  I think I might need to get a precription for valium now! 

But, other than that she has been doing well, knock on wood, Thank God.  The second opinion really helped and her cardiologist wants another strep test while she is healthy.  We'll talk to the pulmonologist on Monday.  I'm praying we can put off the tonsil stuff for a year or so because it's incredibly painful at her age and I don't want her to have another painful surgery.  I'm praying she does well this winter and her heart keeps on pumping strong so we can have surgery this summer.  She amazes me every day with the progress she has made.  She has come a long way.

0 comments: