Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, July 09, 2007

Transformers, Court, and Dallas here I come...

Yeah, you're probably wondering about this entry's title. My mind is a jumbled mess right now. So, I guess I need to start at the beginning (suddenly, The Sound of Music Do Rey Mi just popped into my head...it's my A-D-D). I spent today helping my aunt take my grandmother to the foot doctor. I don't know how she does it on her own. That wheel chair seriously stressed my triceps (at least I think so). They are already sore from taking it in and out of the car. I have a lot more respect for her for what she does. She really does a good job taking care of her and I know how incredibly hard it must be that it's your own mother. We are going to court on Thursday and I found out today that the aunt that "kidnapped" my grandfather has locked up her gate so that they cannot be served court papers. They know about the hearing because they took my grandfather to visit my grandmother at my grandparents' house (where my grandmother is living) and according to the lady who stays with my grandmother, they (my aunt, her husband and my cousin) were nosing around my grandmother's house and they were checking out the papers that had been served to my grandmother. According to my aunt who is the primary caregiver of my grandmother, my grandmother is pretty ticked off at my grandfather and is calling him an old fart and that it will come back and bite him in the butt. So...because of all the stress today, my sister, her kids and I went to see Transformers this evening. That has been my favorite movie of the summer thus far. It was so action packed. I absolutely loved it. A line that hit home for me was when the Josh Duhamel character says that a perfect day for him is when he finally gets to hold his daughter for the first time (I totally can relate to that line...I think most of us can who are waiting for our children). It was really good. See that movie and definitely do not waste your money on Licensed to Wed (YUCK!) Now, here comes the next connection, Dallas. I just got home from the movies and I get a phone call. It's California and they want me to come to Dallas because I have made it to the next round for that new game show. I really would rather fly than make that 4 to 5 hour drive from where I live, but it'll cost me about $220 roundtrip. I'm really not wanting to do that. So...it looks like I'll probably be driving to Dallas on Sunday. I'm going to see if I can talk my friend D into coming with me because I really don't want to drive by myself. So, if things go well on Sunday, you might see me on TV this fall. We'll see!

1 comments:

Sandra said...

OMG - if you're still in Big D - email me at amicus 63 at the place where the mail is hot and I'll meet up with you if you have the time! And I would love to see a fellow waiting momma on tv!!!! Hope you continue to the next round!