Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Favorite Smells

As I was walking Hope this evening, the smell of fresh clean laundry filled my nostrils. It made me take a deep sniff and ahhhh, contentment. I love the smell of fabric softner and clean laundry. It makes my walks with Hope even better. I also love the smell of BBQ, with meat cooking. I love the smell of a fire in a fire place and the smell of autumn (which still hasn't totally hit here yet!) Vanilla, a pumpkin pie cooking in the oven are also some of my favorite smells. The weirdest smell that I love is Hope's feet. I know that sounds gross but it has a fritoy, salty smell. Babies, stinky diapers and all also smell heavenly. My favorite smell though is my parents' house. I feel at home. Isn't it weird how just a smell can bring comfort? I'm thankful for the small things in life like being able to smell. My poor mom doesn't have a strong sense of smell. She's missing some good stuff!

0 comments: