Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Brown Envelope

After a long and extremely BORING meeting today, I got a big surprise. I was already cranky and my neck is sore from sleeping on it wrong when I opened my mailbox and there was this huge brownish envelope at the bottom of my mailbox. I noticed something about federal government and travel. I threw my mail into my passenger seat and rushed to my house so I could examine it closer (I would have done it in my car, but I had to pee pretty badly and there were those kids who were throwing a ball around where my car and I was so I was a bit leery of getting hit). I ran inside, and scrounged through my mail. It was the great brown envelope. I have my number and everything now. Woo-hoo. I hope it bodes as a good sign that referrals will speed up. The next good thing is that I got my places everyone e-mail and it looks like my month will be soon going through review (maybe the next month or the following month). Yippee! Hopefully that is a sign. So, things are getting brighter on the adoption front. I honestly hope that it is a 12 month wait and not 14 or 18 or 24. I hope I can travel this summer because it would work out better (I could take more time off from work). I'm wishing and hoping and praying!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Congrats on the receiving the infamous Brown Envelope!!! I won't be getting my because I moved. Maybe I should bribe my old postal carrier to mail it!

Donna said...

Okay should have been I won't be getting mine. Gotta learn me some English one day!