Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hoppy Easter


One of the best things about being in my profession is that we get days off that others don't. For my Good Friday, I painted Grace's room. I got up early and prepped the room. I'm the kind of painter that gets really excited about the project and then during the project I start loathing it and I make a vow never ever to paint a room again. This time it was different. I even did more than one wall and I did 2 colors: celery green and a light purple (bottom half green, top half purple). I had planned to put up a wallpaper border that I had found at Dollar Tree because it was soooo cute...well, you get what you pay for. There is now a vanilla colored stripe between the two colors but I actually like it. It looks like I meant to do that. It took me until 1:30 to finish. I actually started prepping around 9ish, painting around 11ish. I hardly got any on the ceiling or the carpet, which is a big one for me. Of course, I ended up with a lot of paint on me but not on my hair (Thank God because I just got it done a few days before! Whew!) I think it was very cathartic for me, painting her room, putting together her crib and changing table because it makes her VERY real. I know that sounds weird but because I have been waiting for some time, Grace is like this dream. By painting her room, I was able to merge my dream and the reality of having a daughter very soon. I'm still not finished. I just finished filling holes in the wall because I was trying to put up curtains and I forgot that my house's windows have like this metal thing around them about 4 inches out on each side, so the curtain rod I have will be too short. I also have some other things that I'm going to put up before I show pictures of the room. I want it to be put together. It's almost there. Ya hoo!

I had a good Easter even though I have some sort of allergy/sinus/cold. Yesterday, I had one whopper of a headache and it stayed with me all day. Today, I got my hiney up early for 8 am Mass and went. I came home, slept for a bit and went to my parents to BBQ for them. We watched Charolette's Web and Happy Feet. Cute! My niece and nephews came over later and we had an egg hunt and played Jr Monopoly, UNO, and Wig Out.

This is going to be a great week. I have only 3 workdays and then 2 days at TLA. My favorite YA authors Stephenie Meyer and Scott Westerfeld are going to be there. Yippee! I can't wait to get galley copies and chat with vendors. Maybe Shannon and I will win something cool. You never know.

1 comments:

Aggies said...

Hey can you come and help me with Jasmine's room ?... * BIG SMILE *

Traci