Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Holly is Here!




Today at 1 a.m., my best friend Sandra gave birth to Holly. She weighed 8 lbs and was 19.5 inches. She is absolutely beautiful. They called me at 1:45 to let me know and even though I had been dead asleep, when I heard the words that she was here, my heart soared. I have been living vicariously through Sandra's pregnancy. I was with her yesterday when she was in labor. She was such a strong woman and I was immensely proud of her. I kept teasing her that it would have to be math TAKS testing day for Holly to come (I had told her she was going to give birth on that day because she is the math coordinator at her school). It proves that Holly is going to be a math genius. Because of TAKS testing, I wasn't able to go right away to see her. But, I was able to see pictures of her thanks to Grandma Judy (she rocks!) I couldn't wait to hold that sweet baby. I went for about 2 hours earlier this evening and got to hold her and smell her sweet baby smell. She's so soft and has long limbs and fingers. I'm so thankful that I can get my baby fix while I wait for my Grace. Holly doesn't know this, but she is my saving Grace. She is helping me be more patient in this wait. She's the stand in. I'm excited that Holly will have my daughter as a playmate. They should be similar ages. Sandra and I were already talking about all the things we'll get to do with our daughters. Motherhood here I come!




BTW...I'm posting pictures of Miss Holly!

0 comments: