Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 08, 2006

Bummer upon Bummer

So, Monday was the first day of Book Fair, which I hate. I also had a librarian's meeting after school. We did horrible business and then I had to sit still at a meeting (of course I was late getting there). My mom called me when I arrived asking where I was. When I told her I was at a meeting that was just starting, she asked if it would be over around 5 and I said maybe. My phone rings during the meeting at 5:10ish. We're having this long conversation about how reading and librarians are important to learning, yadda, yadda, yadda. I turn off the ringer and then decide to go out in the hall to call my mom. The first thing I said was, "I'm still in my meeting, I didn't realize you guys were that hungry" But then my mom said that my grandfather had been put in the hospital for heart failure and she wanted to know when I would be done so we could go to the hospital. I left right then and there. I felt like a dork. My grandfather was a bit out of it. His main complaint was that he was hungry. He stayed for 3 days. He was released yesterday and my parents, sister, 2 of her kids and I went to pick him up. It was very stressful because it turns out he needs 24 hour care and my grandmother isn't much better. So now I predict the fighting will begin amongst my mother's 5 sibings about what to do with my grandparents. I feel horrible for my mother. She and my father are in okay health, but they aren't strong enough to take care of my grandparents. My father has some serious health problems of his own. So, it might sound like I'm an ungrateful granddaughter, but I think they need either a home nurse in the evening or a nursing care facility. It's hard for me to even think this way but I love them and I want them to be well taken care of.

But that wasn't the only bummer. Our book fair totally sucked! We lost about 200 students last year to the new school opening and it affected our sales. We did horribly. At least we have enough to have Rick Riordon come in February.

Then I came home today to find that my dog Hope has chewed up my glasses that I left on the side table in the living room (forgot them this morning because I was running late). I know she has been upset because I haven't been able to walk her this week because I left shortly after I got home to go to the hospital and I got home late. I want to be mad at her but I can't because I know she's just reacting to being home alone.

The last bummer comes in the fact that waiting times will continue to increase. I knew that but I think I finally comprehend the fact that I probably won't be an official mom until late 2007 or early 2008. I know there are positives in that I can save and do other things that I can't do with Grace, but the thought of not having her for a long time is like a little stab to my heart. I will survive but it's going to sting for a while.

On the brighter side, I get to see my best friend Sandra tomorrow and go shopping with her. There is nothing like therapy shopping. Especially shopping at the San Marcos outlet.

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh Jamie, so sorry to hear about your grandfather.

I understand about your dog and the glasses, our furbabies do get their feelings hurt if they think they are shorted at all for attention.